Lilies in glory

Friday, February 23, 2007



I'M
A ROCK

Something for the broken-heart. Something for those who’ve been deceived by a fake friend. That friend who you’d spent nice days with; laughing, joking and go out with,doing your best for him/her, give him/her a hand before he/she asks for it and then when you become in need of him/her, he/she lets you down over and over again ‘easily’ although he/she knows well that he/she is the only one who can help you out from what bothers you And unfortunately with no reason or with an illogical one…NO matter………


Sometimes some of us or at least me (-I don’t know-) need to strengthen myself when face a situation similar to the one above. I force myself not to cry over who doesn’t deserve my tears and pain. I try hard and keep on trying to be A ROCK with those hypocritical people; Today and 'suddenly' they love you so much, Tomorrow they want something from you and need your help...they got what they want..., The day after tomorrow “you’re just a classmate” or even they don't know you….In such situations I really want to be A ROCK

This song says it all,



A winters day
In a deep and dark december;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock,
I am an island.
Ive built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
Its laughter and its loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Dont talk of love,
But Ive heard the words before;
Its sleeping in my memory.
I wont disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.



Labels: , ,

posted by Salma at 10:35 PM

6 Comments:

the song is really great, i've just downloaded it and listenned... really nice... solitude
thanks for sharing

2:17 PM  

Nice post. Love is never easy, to have and to have loved is to have suffered, well sometimes. Really awesome song. I love your poem at the end awesome :)

5:15 PM  

Great post. I can say that I would rather be a rock right now, than anything else. Problem is I've never learned how, and no matter how hard I try, love still sways me. Maybe one day I'll learn.

4:31 AM  

Amr fahmy:
Glad you liked it Amr. Although this song put me in troubles with ma best friends b'coz of its lyrics "i've no need of friendship, friendship causes pain" :D

the K-man:
Yeah ,so true k..
Sometimes love comes to heal the wounds, repair what's broken, nourich the soul and lead us when we're lost like a guiding star.
Btw it's not me k who wrote that poem...it's the song lyrics :P

Anonymous:
Actually i'm facing the same problem, alot of times i needed to be a rock but in vain.
I'm sorry to know that and hope you handle eveything soon.
Thanks for passing by :)

3:05 PM  

a perfect post, actually you touched my deep and i always feel this, but i tried million times to be a rock but in vain.
thanx for this post hope u accept my comment

2:16 AM  

ahmed a.hamid :
Sure Ahmed,i appreciate your comment so much.
So Glad you liked this post.
Come back again :)

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Love this music